This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to design and develop web applications that access various local and remote data and services including Windows Azure. You will see how to develop and deploy web applications to multi-tier environments, design and develop asynchronous solutions, and create and consume HTTP services.
This course is intended for both novice and experienced .NET developers who have a minimum of six months programming experience, and want to learn how to develop services and deploy them to hybrid environments.
This course requires that you meet the following prerequisites:
- Experience with Visual Studio 2010 or later.
- Knowledge and experience in a .NET language (C# or VB).
- Knowledge of ASP.NET.
- Experience with C# programming, and concepts such as Lambda expressions, LINQ, and anonymous types.
- Understanding the concepts of n-tier applications.
- Experience with querying and manipulating data with ADO.NET.
- Knowledge of XML data structures.
- Overview of Service and Cloud Technologies
- Querying and Manipulating Data Using Entity Framework
- Creating and Consuming ASP.NET Web API Services
- Extending and Securing ASP.NET Web API Services
- Creating WCF Services
- Hosting Services
- Windows Azure Service Bus
- Deploying Services
- Windows Azure Storage
- Monitoring and Diagnostics
- Identity Management and Access Control
- Scaling Services : A. Designing and Extending WCF Services, B. Implementing Security in WCF Services