This course is intended for architects who have experience building infrastructure and applications on the Microsoft Azure platform. Students should have a thorough understanding of most services offered on the Azure platform. The students typically work for organizations that have an active solution on Azure and are planning to enhance existing solutions or deploy more solutions to the Azure platform. This course also is intended for architects who want to take the Microsoft Certification exam, 70-535, Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions.
This course is intended for students who have experience building infrastructure and applications on the Microsoft Azure platform. Students should have a thorough understanding of most services offered on the Azure platform. For the interactive component, this course offers students the opportunity to deploy Azure solutions using built-in DevOps tools such as Azure Resource Manager templates, deployments, resource groups, tags and Role-Based Access Control. This course does not require any direct experience writing application code or configuring server machines. This course focuses on the architectural comparisons between services and technical decision making needed to deploy well-designed solutions on the Azure platform. This course also prepares the students for the 70-535: Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions certification exam. The candidates targeted by this training have intermediate experience in designing, implementing and monitoring Azure solutions. Candidates are also proficient with the tools, techniques, and approaches used to build solutions on the Azure platform.
This course requires that students have the following knowledge and skills:
- Create resources and resource group in Azure.
- Manage users, groups, and subscriptions in an Azure Active Directory instance.
- Build an Azure Virtual Machine with related resources.
- Manage containers and blobs stored in an Azure Storage account.
- Create App Service Plans and manage apps related to the plan.
- Configure an Azure Virtual Network and enable S2S and P2S connectivity.
- Protect networked application components using Network Security Groups.
- Automate everyday Azure resource tasks using Azure CLI or Azure PowerShell.
- Deploy an Azure SQL, MySQL, Postgres or Cosmos database instance.
- Monitor existing Azure solutions using built-in metrics, Application Insights, or Operational Insights
Course prerequisites can be met by having knowledge equivalent to, or by attendance at, courses 20533D: Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions and 20532D: Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions as this current course will build upon knowledge and skills covered in both courses.
- Application Architecture Patterns in Azure
- Deploying Resources with Azure Resource Manager
- Building Azure IaaS-Based Server Applications
- Creating Managed Server Applications in Azure
- Authoring Serverless Applications in Azure
- Backing Azure Solutions with Azure Storage
- Comparing Database Options in Azure
- Networking Azure Application Components
- Managing Security & Identity for Azure Solutions
- Integrating SaaS Services Available on the Azure Platform
- Integrating Azure Solution Components Using Messaging Services
- Monitoring & Automating Azure Solutions